Secretary
I need to hire a secretary for my life. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous how busy I am! Friday I cleaned Nana's house all day, Friday evening I baby-sat the girls, that night I got a last-minute call from a family from our church who needed a sitter for Saturday all day. I had never sat for them before, but I had to be there Saturday morning at 8 and it's a half hour drive to their house. I was there til 3. Monday I grocery shopped for Mom in the morning. Then we had Aunt Kay, Nana, and Boppa over for a cook-out. Tuesday I baby-sat Whitney and Trevor again (the family from church). Today I baby-sat them again. I got a call to watch Carly for June 15 yesterday. Tomorrow I am getting together with Christa. Friday I had to turn down a sitting job to watch Whit and Trev because we are getting together with one of Mom's friends (Paula). Next week I'm watching the twins and their brother Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all day. Friday I have Whit and Trev again.
Oh, and next week is VBS, which Jen and I are leading a preschool group there. Tonight is our training for that. Also, I'm driving Alicia to the airport Tuesday evening in between baby-sitting and VBS. I'll literally go right from sitting, to the airport, and then to VBS. I scheduled my hair appointment for the wedding last night. I got my dress fitted last night as well. I scheduled a few more appointments I need. I'm still trying to clean my room. AHH!!!! See why I need a secretary??? I'm so excited about having the next 2 days off. Lol. Why did I ever panick about a summer job again? Summer jobs are not easy to find this summer in our town. Now I'm swamped with baby-sitting jobs. Right, that was just God showing me who is boss yet again. Thank you, Lord!
New Talent
I discovered a week or so ago how to get a drink from the water dispenser on the front of the fridge without using a glass. Lol. We have never had a fridge with one of those on it until we got our new appliances this spring. I was tired of using a big glass everytime I needed a quick drink, so I decided to try getting one without a glass. Mom told me to put a towel down on the floor first and have at it. So I did. And I mastered the art of it. Haha, yes, I am the entertainment for my family. They miss me when I'm not here to amuse them.
A First for Everything
Last night I had a first while I was using my nose spray. Now mind you, I have taken at least 4 squirts of nosespray every, single day of my life (except for right before my surgeries) since the 4th grade. Depending on the med I was on at that time, sometimes I had 8 squirts a day. When I'm sick, I can have up to 20+ squirts per day. And that is not counting all the saline spray I use. So now I don't even think about it when I'm using it. I just do it lickedy-split as I'm doing something else. Well, maybe I should focus a bit more on it from now on. Last night I was lost in thought as I subconsciously did my nosespray. I had done 3 squirts and was doing the last one, when I totally missed my nose and squirted it straight up my face! Either I didn't get much in my eye or the med doesn't hurt my eyes because they didn't sting at all. I did hurry up and splash my face with water, just to be safe. (And to get it off my face since my skin is super sensitive.) It was a bit of a shock, though, to suddenly be showering my face with nose spray! Haha! Wasn't this a fascinating topic of conversation?
And.... I should go wash the chlorine off now. I went swimming with Whitney today while Trevor napped. Not fun- weather was in the 70s, water was freezing, and it was windy. Woo!

Yes, I am very blessed with a great husband, and he is just oh so excited to be a daddy! :)
ReplyDeleteNo problem! haha I know what you mean, it is only going to get worse once I have children!
So cool! God is good. I have been babysitting/nannying for about 10 years, it's the best job out there, you will have fun I am sure!
And about the secretary, what about a planner? That helps me, without it I would forget all my appointments and other things! haha I am constantly writing myself notes for reminders!