1. I am not using writing this post as an excuse for not doing something more productive, like exercising, studying, doing a project, or grading papers. Why would I procrastinate???
2. I did not wait until 2 days before a major project was due to even start on it. And I definitely did NOT leave 75% of it until the day before it is do to actually finish it.
3. When two families asked me to baby-sit their 4 children combined today for 4 hours, I did NOT tell them no because I had this project to work on...and then proceed to waste most of that time doing nothing related to this project. I would never choose to sit down with a good book (one I've already read several times before, in fact) and read that instead of working on that project. And I certainly wouldn't lay down while reading and fall asleep for 15 minutes.
4. I absolutely never wait until the trashcan is practically overflowing in our dorm room and fills up 4 grocery sacks before taking it out to the dumpster when my roommate fails to do so after promising to do it many times. And I certainly wouldn't let this happen over and over again.
5. My bed does NOT only get its sheets changed once a month when I know that I need to do it weekly because of my severe allergies. My sweeper does not sit idle for a couple weeks at a time when my allergies (and therefore allergist) have dictated that I need to sweep 1-2 times a week.
6. Finally (I could go on and on but I DO have other things I need to be doing), I do not have dirty dishes sitting on top of my refrigerator that have been piling up for over a week now. I have NOT waited that long to do dishes. And I absolutely have not had to reuse some glasses since I ran out of clean ones.

You sound like the typical busy gal. Mom used to tell me to just close the door and not look, when things got bad. It helped me to not have to look at it.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post. I can relate to it a lot.
ReplyDelete