PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Friday Funnies

I keep forgetting to copy my posts from Xanga over to here for you to see, Kathryn. Sorry!

I have started up a new little thing over on Xanga where each Friday I share a cute, funny story, usually about kids. Here is last week's story:


My mom is good friends with Delaney's preschool teacher Jackie. Last night Jackie called Mom to talk, and she told her this story. Delaney told Jackie yesterday at preschool that she was getting ready to drive to Florida with her family, and it was going to take YEARS to get there. Well, she was right. They are going to Florida. They are driving to get there. And Heather and Darrell are going to feel like it will take years to get there with Delaney in the car. The girl never stops talking.

And this week's Friday entry:

I officially have a roommate for next year. Her name is Bethany. :) Thank you so much to those of you who were praying! I greatly appreciate the prayers.

Last Friday, after I wrote my entry about Delaney saying it'd take years to get to FL, I got a text message from Heather. They were in the car still. They had left at lunchtime on Thursday. So at the time she texted me, they were in North Carolina. When Delaney saw mountains for the first time in her life, she made up a new word and said, "Oh my hugies!"

I texted Heather back, saying that we were just getting in the car ourselves to head to MI. We always pray together before heading out on a trip, so while we were praying for our own safe travels, we were praying for them too. I also asked her how the trip was going. This was the reply I got back...

"Well, for the last several miles, Darrell's been practicing his yoga breathing and Peyton and Ashley have suggested that we stop for duct tape (for Delaney's mouth)! Pray that Delaney takes a nap soon!"

We all got a kick out of that one. We could only imagine what the atmosphere in their car was right then. Oh my. We said that they were probably really sad we weren't there because we could've taken Delaney in our car for awhile to give them a break. But then Dad pointed out that once Delaney got in our car, she probably wouldn't have gotten out again. Lol.

They were supposed to start heading back home tomorrow. I haven't heard yet how the rest of their drive down, their actual vacation, or the start of the drive back has gone. We're all anxious to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for the comments!

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios