PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, February 27, 2010

What I Want in a Husband

Here is the long-awaited post. I finally have my list ready for you all to read. I'm sure I'll continue adding to this all the time, but this is what I have so far. I'd love to hear your feedback on the list- any opinions you have, additions/corrections you'd make, etc. I know we don't all have the same tastes, but I am curious to hear what you think.

The format is a bit off since I copied it over from my Xanga site. Sorry about that.

The Things I Want in a Husband

· He loves Jesus, is active in our church, and prays with me/does devotions, will step up and be the leader of the faith in our family

· He loves me and wants to make me happy all the time

· He accepts the way I look and doesn’t complains about my appearance

· He loves my family, wants to spend time with them, and is willing to help them without complaining

· His family is important to him as well; just has a strong sense of family overall

· He is willing to admit he is wrong and doesn’t have to be right ALL THE TIME

· He loves children, is good with them, is hands on with them, and wants several of his own

o He must love Peyton, Ashley, and Delaney as I do … or close to it

o He is willing to come baby-sit with me and help out; doesn’t mind doing that on a Friday night instead of going out

· He is confident

· He is outgoing and easy to talk to, can make conversation, and doesn’t expect me to start all the conversations

· He just wants to be with me

· He’ll be a provider for our family and will support my desire to stay at home with our kids

· He is friends with my friends and willing to and makes the effort to get to know my friends

· He also doesn’t mind me going out with my friends instead of spending time with him from time-to-time

· He is supportive of my health problems and is willing to do a lot of the cleaning and other things that I can’t do because of my health

· He is a protector for me. He wants to watch out for me at all times and take care of me. He won’t let anything happen to me that he can prevent.

· He respects me and wants the very best for me.

· He is willing to take things slowly and not rush things.

· He appreciates the small things in life.

· He likes to play board games.

· We have similar tastes in music; he likes Christian music

· He is humble and puts others before himself

· He is a gentleman: will open doors, ladies first, etc.

· He is kind to the elderly and doesn’t mind spending time with them.

· He prays for me and with me; he challenges me in my walk with God.

· He is understanding of my love for books or at least accepting. He doesn’t have to necessarily love books as much as me, but he should at least be okay with that.

· He doesn’t swear, smoke, drink, gamble (even for fun), etc. I have strong opinions on all of those things. J

· He has a sense of humor. He may not necessarily be funny to other people, but I want him to be able to make me laugh.

· He is a hard worker and is willing to work around the house, fixing things and such. If he doesn’t already know how to do certain tasks, he’d be willing to learn from my dad and help him out.

· He is taller than me…and by a fairly good amount so that when I where heels he isn’t shorter than me. (Okay, so that is obviously not as important as the others).

· I’d prefer for him to be older than me, but we’ll see. I’m willing to negotiate on that one, too. Haha!


1 comment:

  1. That is so great that you have a list of what you are looking for in a husband! It is good to know beforehand! And it's great to see how God finds a guy exactly like you were hoping! :)

    By the way you don't have to keep the Avon giveaway button up anymore, it was just until the contest was over! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for the comments!

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios