This is just copied over from my other blog. :)
I finally have enough free time to do this Q&A post. I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to it! I noticed a ... trend going with these questions. Many were centered around a couple particular topics. I was impressed with all the questions, though! They are very interesting to think about.
Candi said, "I'd like to see pictures of your bedroom and kitchen."
I'm actually going to do a house tour picture post sometime since I never did it back when Katie asked us to, but for now here is our kitchen...
My dad and grandpa totally redid it several years ago. I should do a before and after post. Haha, so many big ideas that I never get to for months.
I don't have pictures of my bedroom right now since I haven't cleaned it up yet. :) I'll put those in the house tour. But here is what my bedroom used to look like before I totally finished the "make-over" back in 2004-2005...
I have a lot of the same things in my room, but I have a different border, wall color, some different knick-knacks, the pillows are gone, and other things.
"And what are three things on your bucket list?"
I just randomly picked three from my list: get married, visit New York City, and learn "The Pledge of Allegiance" in sign language.
Tina asked, "To be completely childish, but in honor of February, any love interests? No names of course, but do you have a 'crush' on anyone?"
Haha, Tina, you crack me up. Uh, no, I'm afraid I don't. There are plenty of cute guys here, but I don't know any of them well enough to have a "crush" on them. Sorry.
Jenny asked, "Have you ever been in a serious relationship?"
Nope. Never. Not that I haven't wanted to be, but I'll get to that in some later questions. :)
"What are you looking for in a guy?"
I actually have been asked in the past to post the list of things I want in a husband, so I have been working on it over time. I am continually adding to it. The poor guy will have a lot to live up to. Lol. Even though I haven't been in a serious relationship, I have been mentally taking notes of all the experiences my friends have been through. I have learned a lot from their mistakes. I've also observed my parents' relationship and the many marriages around me, which has helped me form my opinion. I'll mention a few things in a later question, but then I'll do the full list within the next few days hopefully so that this entry doesn't get ridiculously long.
"What kind of car do you drive?"
Well, I drove a 1992 blue Astro van for a few months my senior year of high school before it died for good. We'd had it since I was 4, so it was about time for it to die. It was still a sad day when my dad drove Bessie the Big, Blue Boat Bus away for the last time. We called her "Bessie" for short. Jen and I had already named her Bessie, but Alicia and I added on the whole description to the name while it was still Jen's. Haha.
Then I didn't have a car of my own until this past summer when I no longer could get away with borrowing my family's cars. I bought a white Chevy Cavalier, I think??? Haha, I don't even know what I drive or the year for that matter. The rest of my family knows, but I don't. It was the first car Dad and I test-drove. We had driven all the way to Columbia City to look at several auto sales places, but we didn't even stop the car- just drove through the parking lots and knew none of them would work. We came back to Huntington and found this car right down the road from our house. LOL! We then had to leave for a wedding before I made up my mind for good. I ended up feeling super sick at the wedding. After we got back home, we got a call that the guy was taking the car to an auction the next morning, so if we wanted it, we had to hurry over there before he left with it. I was still feeling so sick that Dad and Jen went to pick it up for me. Here is a picture...
"Ok, now you have to tell how he got the name 'Boppa' since I noticed Jen called him 'Grandpa'. "
Tis true. We call him both. When we are talking about him, he is always Boppa. When I think of him, I think Boppa. When we are actually talking to him now that we are "older", we alternate between Boppa and Grandpa. How did he get the name? My mom called her maternal grandparents Nana and Boppa. She isn't really sure where the name Boppa came from; that's just what they called him. So when we came along, our maternal grandparents became Nana and Boppa. I don't know if my cousins called them Nana and Boppa at one point because they are so much older than we are. But now my cousin's kids call them Nana and Boppa since they hear us calling them that. :) Technically, the names should be carried on with my parents when I have kids, but I just can't picture them as "Nana" and "Boppa". That just seems strange. Lol.
Rachel asked, "What country would you most like to visit?"
Italy. My great-grandpa on my dad's side was born in Rome, and I love Italian food. We eat a lot of it on Dad's side of the family. Plus, I have always had a fascination with the Leaning Tower of Pisa, for some reason. I can't even tell you why, but ever since I heard of it in first grade, I've always had this fascination.
"What were your second and third choices for college?"
Honestly? I really didn't have any. I just knew I wanted to go to Huntington University. I never even did official college visits anywhere else. I informally visited Taylor with a friend from high school and stayed with another friend from church who went there. I considered Olivet and Anderson, too, but they were too far away for my liking.
"If you were a boy, what would your parents have named you?"
My parents didn't find out our genders until we were born. I was going to be Matthew. Jen was going to be Eric, I believe. I'm not sure what my middle name would've been.
Melissa asked, "What is your biggest pet peeve?"
Hmm, I have a lot of little ones. The first one that comes to mind is people smacking their gum or making loud noises while chewing their gum. Drives me nuts.
"What is something that frustrates you about yourself?"
Good question! How shy I am. My procrastination on everything. Staying up way too late reading.
"What was your best present ever?"
Oooh, that is a tough one, too. I have had SO many good ones. Graduation gift- my laptop from my grandparents. Christmas gift- I'll just go with my iPod or my digital camera. When I was little- my swingset or my Barbie dollhouse that Boppa built for me.
Kellie asked, "What are some names you like for your future children someday (boy and girl)?"
I really will get back to this one, as well. I have had many people ask me that, but I've always wanted to do a separate post about that. So I'll quit putting that off, too, and get on that SOON. So stay tuned for that one.
Since I have so many questions, I'll stop there and finish the questions in my next post. :) Feel free to ask more if you think of them!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thanks for the comments!