I am in SUCH a good mood today! I don't know why, but I'm almost giddy with happiness! I have every reason NOT to be happy: I feel like crap, I can't think straight, this sickness is fogging my brain, my sinuses are burning, it's dreary/cold/gray/raining out, I am coming up on finals, I have two major papers to write in the next two weeks, I can't breathe, I need to find a roommate for next year, my nose is raw from blowing so much, I have so much other homework to do, Jen just got really bad news about her car and needs to come up with thousands of dollars, I am sleep-deprived...and yet I'm HAPPY beyond belief. I guess it's more joy than happiness. I am choosing to be joyful. I am letting the little blessings in my life outweigh the downers. What are the happy things in my life right now? Here they are in no particular order...
- I am almost done with this semester.
- It's the Christmas season!
- I have a Christmas tree sitting next to me.
- I have the best roommate in the world, and we are the best of friends.
- Christa and I had a blast today after e-mailing a professor an assignment we forgot about, just talking and joking and laughing hysterically. In fact, we laughed so much, it kept sending me into fits of coughing.
- Tonight is the TobyMac concert here at school!
- Tonight I get to see Tim, my cousin who is in TobyMac and see pictures of his baby.
- I have the most amazing, supportive family ever.
- I get to see Jen's twinnies this weekend.
- Christa and I are going to decorate my house for Christmas some more this weekend.
- We are done with classes for the day.
- Jen just said we are getting a Christmas card from a Xanga friend this year.
- I have a Lord who loves me and died for me.
- I have understanding professors who actually care about me as a person and not just a student
- I was able to read an insanely long chapter in Ed. Psych last night in record time AND actually understand it!
- I am coming up with some awesome Christmas presents for people.
- I'm sure there are more, but I am coming up blank now.
- See why life is good?!
Now on the Christmas presents topic, does anyone have suggestions for what to get my dad or grandparents??? I'm coming up blank. I have Mom, Jen, and Carly done. Mom and Jen took care of Peyton, Ashley, and Delaney this past weekend. Christa is almost done. I'm waiting for a bit of info from Nathan (Alicia's boyfriend) before I can finish Alicia. Andrea I'm not sure about. Dad is partially done. Still so much to do, but yet at the same time, I have so much done by this point for me! I'm usually a last-minute shopper b/c of my crazy schedule. I'm getting so excited about giving everyone their gifts!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thanks for the comments!